Applying to Flagship
The Language Flagship provides the opportunity for you to develop cultural and language expertise that will help you set career goals for a globalizing society. Interested in applying to a Flagship program? Follow the steps below:
- Review the list of languages offered through The Language Flagship.
- After you have chosen a Flagship language, choose a Flagship program that offers that language. You may want to take a look at the individual campus websites to find out more about the various degree programs offered. This will help you in deciding which school and Flagship program(s) would be the best fit for you.
- Contact the Flagship program(s) selected, and let them know you're interested! Many of the institutions have pre-Freshman year programs that can provide a jumpstart to your language studies.
- Check the college admissions’ and Flagship program’s deadlines and prepare applications to both the university and the Flagship program of choice. (Although you must enroll in or be enrolled in a U.S. Flagship institution to be eligible for participation in a Flagship program, you can apply to the Flagship program and the university of your choice at the same time.)
- Once accepted into the university, notify the Flagship program of admission. They can guide you through your path to the Flagship program.
For students who have already been accepted at or currently attend a Flagship university.
Contact the Flagship program at the university and apply directly to the program. (You must enroll in or be enrolled in a Flagship U.S. institution to be eligible for participation in a Flagship program.)
Other eligibility and application requirements vary across Flagship programs. To learn more about a particular program of interest, please visit the institution’s Flagship website. A list of The Language Flagship programs can be found on the Domestic Program page.