Flagship graduates enhance their academic degrees through the achievement of professional level language proficiency and cultural competence. Flagship alumni pursue careers in private, non-profit, and public sectors, and many go on to earn masters’ degrees and beyond.
The Language Flagship produces global professionals through:
• Intensive domestic language instruction in a U.S. university setting;
• Group training and individual tutoring to develop communicative competence;
• Rigorous guided advanced language and cultural immersion overseas;
• Direct enrollment in foreign universities offering courses in their field; and
• In-country internships working for organizations and corporations.
These components combine to prepare the Flagship students to interact, live, and work overseas, raising the expectations of what Americans working globally can accomplish.
Where do The Language Flagship alumni and interns work?
• Aga Khan Development Network
• U.S. Agency for International Development
• BAE Systems
• China International Economic Trade and
• Cornerstone Investment Management
• Dar al-Mada Publishing House
• U.S. Department of Defense
• Emerson Motor Technologies
• Ernst & Young
• Honeywell Technologies
• Hunan Television
• Kyobo Publishing Company
• MicroCred Nanchong
• MTC Technologies
• National Aeronautics and Space Administration
• Securities and Exchange Commission
• Shanghai SIP Engineering Consulting
• St. Petersburg Chamber of Industry
• U.S. Department of State
• Tenwen Law Firm, Shanghai
• Titan Corporation
• U.S. Department of Treasury